• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions "Pirate Pistol"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have direct experience with the (unfortunately named) Traditions "Pirate Pistol"? I briefly handled one at my local Cabelas several months ago. It seemed to be an attractive pistol and the lock geometry seemed to be much improved over that of several years ago. Just wanted to know if anyone owns and fires one of these to hear your observations about it.

There was some discussion of it here quite a number of months ago. Reasonably positive if I remember. I believe Traditions discontinued it some time back. I haven't seen it on their site for a long time and not many dealers listing it anymore.

file_zps65tflvih.jpg

file_zpsqgtdycbp.jpg

I bought this one from the classifieds a few years ago. I believe it was a kit. I slimmed it down as allowable with the inlet parts, added a tanged rear tumble and changed the front sight. It shoots very well, and although it does not have a tumbler bridle, the lock is very reliable.

Does anyone have direct experience with the (unfortunately named) Traditions "Pirate Pistol"? I briefly handled one at my local Cabelas several months ago. It seemed to be an attractive pistol and the lock geometry seemed to be much improved over that of several years ago. Just wanted to know if anyone owns and fires one of these to hear your observations about it.
Hi. This "pirate" pistol is manufactured in Spain, by the Ardesa factory. Although it is much more similar to a Kentucky pistol than a Pirate model. In Spain it is only sold in caliber 45, with the barrel also rifled. I do not know if they have stopped manufacturing it now, but in Spain some gunshop still has it, either already finished or in kit. Greetings from Spain.

Back