• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Performance Firearms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just had to give a shout out to Traditions. I have had a couple e-mail chains with one of the tech support reps about my rifle. First I was inquiring about a replacement stock. As they discontinued the left hand model some time back he had to disappoint me with a not available. BUT he did so in prompt and courteous responses.

Now, I'm in the market for a replacement sear for my lock. As luck would have it they DO still have that part! AND this man e-mailed me at 6am my time (probably around 8 or so his time) to tell me the price and how to order one!

As before, his responses were lighting fast as e-mail inquiries go.

All in all I've nothing but good things to say about the company!

I've only had to use Traditions customer service once when I needed to replace the mainspring on a Crockett rifle. No problem. A five minute phone call and I had the spring a few days later, no charge. The lady I spoke with knew her business and was very pleasant.

For what it's worth, I bought a Traditions Percussion rifle over thirty years ago. I think the company had just started up (could be wrong) and a representative was at a gun show. I've read comments about how poor Traditions products can be, sort of like old CVA stuff. But that rifle and the drop in flint barrel and lock I ordered a few paychecks later has remained accurate and reliable.

Jeff

I've only had to use Traditions customer service once when I needed to replace the mainspring on a Crockett rifle. No problem. A five minute phone call and I had the spring a few days later, no charge. The lady I spoke with knew her business and was very pleasant.

For what it's worth, I bought a Traditions Percussion rifle over thirty years ago. I think the company had just started up (could be wrong) and a representative was at a gun show. I've read comments about how poor Traditions products can be, sort of like old CVA stuff. But that rifle and the drop in flint barrel and lock I ordered a few paychecks later has remained accurate and reliable.

Jeff

I just had to call Traditions about a broken trigger on a Buck Hunter. The fellow I spoke to was very helpful and very competent. Would give 5 stars to Traditions customer service.

I live about 12 miles from the Traditions headquarters. The folks there are very into muzzleloaders, although they now seem to be leaning more towards the un-mentionables. The VP of the company is a member of our club, and he donates guns for a raffle at our annual game dinner. He also supplies guns and accessories for our black powder orientation day. All in all, they are great people to deal with. I keep pestering them to bring out some more high quality side lock guns, but they always say "there is too little demand".

"there is too little demand." In some ways manufactures and dealers can create demand too. When was the last time you saw an ad in a hunting/outdoor magazine for a traditional muzzleloader. I suspect there is more profit in the unmentionables in terms of manufacturing cost due to less labor and the use of non traditional materials etc.

Latest posts

Back