• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

tower lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlimoges

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Is this a real tower or a poor copy? It says tower and has a crown.Sorry I have a photo in photo bucket ,but haveing trouble with transfer.

101_1542.jpg
Maybe this will do it

Muskeg Stomper said:
Yep, looks like a Japanese-made tower pistol lock from the 1970's.
Agreed; I just went down and looked at the three Tower pistols I have. Also a so-called Harpers Ferry pistol. All have pretty much the same lock. I bought my first Tower pistol from Dixie around 1975, it was a kit for $19.95! The mainspring was doggy, picked up a new one from Dixie and it wasn't any better. Sold the gun to a buddy for $45 and it is still being used at rendys in a "duelling" game using steel targets at about 15 yards.

Back