• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Too cold to shoot, made some ball pouches

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Like the cold in Vermont post, It's pretty cold here in Alberta, -20 again this morning. Supposed to warm up this afternoon, then into the cold again. I made these two pouches fashioned after one I got from an old time shooter in Edmonton. They are made from some left over pieces of moose hide I had. I made a little leather tag to mark the size as I use .535 in my TC hawken, and .530 in my smoothbore. I am trying my hand at wet forming a little ball pouch like the one in the vermont thread. Will post pics if it turns out.
IMG_4802.jpg

Like the cold in Vermont post, It's pretty cold here in Alberta, -20 again this morning. Supposed to warm up this afternoon, then into the cold again. I made these two pouches fashioned after one I got from an old time shooter in Edmonton. They are made from some left over pieces of moose hide I had. I made a little leather tag to mark the size as I use .535 in my TC hawken, and .530 in my smoothbore. I am trying my hand at wet forming a little ball pouch like the one in the vermont thread. Will post pics if it turns out. View attachment 299192
What ever you do when wet moulding don’t soak them in hot water only cold and leave in the water till the leather quits bubbling .

Back