• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Today's purchase

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I concur with Relic. Its good reading and frames certain subjects to the point I at least understand the general part and sometimes the specifics.

And I do like the Shoulder Holsters.

I can add a point of their benefit. When I was woods cruising (hiking into lakes or creeks to fish mostly) I carried a revolver (mostly to make noise in the hope to scare a brown bear off). I knew better than to try to shoot one in an encounter (or the plan was to get up a tree and only shoot one if it would not go away, I carried 18 totally rounds so ....)

I am walking a creek bed one day and got askew of a rock, nothing bad but in windmilling my arms, my right arm got the hammer of the revolver right between the wrist knuckles as I was flailing.

Ok, that hurts a lot. Then back to my job as a framer and a few days latter its, dang that area hurts a lot. A few days after that I go to pick up the worm drive skill saw and it just drops. Well this is not good, not too many one armed framers around.

I was able to shift to my left arm for cutting, not so good for nailing (side winder saw is actually a natural for left handed use and I tend to use my left for some odd things, I call it quasi ambidextrous)

So got a wrist brace and that worked for the nail driving (not a lot, we used pneumatic mostly) and cut left handed to this day. For years after I had to get a brace again when it flared up (floor scrapers of all things on another job - damn the floor layers that use the hardened type glue one who confessed he would leave town before he came back on one of his jobs.

Shoulder holster keeps the gun out of the way and is accessible.

Back