• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Time for some Wood Shop Shenanigans.........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Appalachian

Feral American
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I did NOT make my own trees, saws, saw blades, pencils, squares, pickup truck, power cords, warm sunny spring like day in December, etc., from scratch......this time.

But I did drive over to the local log home kit mill and request some timbers and T&G planking be invoiced and loaded on my old '78 K20.

Stay tuned.........

Screenshot_20221229_134256_Gallery.jpg

Your porch area is as beautifully unkept as my workshop.

Nice planer. I put off buying one for too many years. Same with my large belt sander/disc sander combo. Both have allowed me to really expand my woodworking.

If I bought a bandsaw, I don't think I'd ever leave my basement.

Made three contractor bags full of shavings getting these timbers down to the size I wanted, and square I needed. Time for some joinery tomorrow.
Screenshot_20221231_211411_Gallery.jpg

Nice planer.

Had a nice Dewalt planer 6 years ago but sold it and everything else not nailed down to gather up a down payment large enough on this place. Had to move at lightning speed to beat another couple trying to get it. Wasn't picky about what I let go. Slowly replacing that stuff now.

This is a planer from harbor freight and I'm slowly warming up to this Bauer brand. Seems to be on par with the Dewalt's function and quality of cut. If it's still hammering problem free 5 or 6 years from now like the Dewalt was it'll be a good replacement choice.

This evening and tomorrow after I hopefully tag a big doe on the last day of ML season with my flintlock build....some rather large hand cut mortise and tenon joints.
Good luck with your hunt, but I’m itching to know just what it is your building. I’m not known for my patience.

I hope
Good luck with your hunt, but I’m itching to know just what it is your building. I’m not known for my patience.
I hope it's not anticlimactic, I'm pretty excited about having it as it's going to be a really big part of my working retirement I'm planning out. I like keeping folks wondering with my projects.

Back