• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Thompson Center Cleland Match Rifle - 40 Caliber

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a Thompson Center Hawken Cleland Match Rifle for sale. There were not many made and supposedly were developed by TC Team Shooter Chad Cleland. They are built on a Hawken 1" barrel stock and have a 1" ATF .40 caliber, 31" long barrel. The rear sight is a slightly different TC Hawken style and the front is a standard TC blade. I have only seen one other Cleland rear sight and it differed from this one only in that it had a different elevation screw. I don't know what the standard elevation screw is supposed to be or if they came in different versions. The windage screw on this one and the other are the same, with a knurled knob. The double set trigger on this one is different from a standard TC, but I don't know anything about it. It looks a lot like a Davis and is very nice.

There are a few minor dings on the wood and brass that should show in the photos. Nothing bad though. The bore is great with no pitting or rust, but I could not get a decent picture. Mr. Cleland supposedly shot a .400 ball over 65 grains of FFFg powder out of his rifle, but I can't verify that and I have not developed a load for this one. I only shot it so that I could say I did. This rifle does have a signed patch box that is shown in the photo's.

I am asking $1,300 plus full insured shipping through the USPS. I estimate insured shipping to be $75. I take USPS Money Orders or debit/credit cards (with the 3.5% fee) as payment.

I will consider partial trades for the following. TC Cherokee's, Seneca's, Hawken's or maybe Renegades. I am in need of Green Mountain (round ball) drop in barrels or TC Round Ball (custom shop) barrels for these rifles also. Unmolested TC kits would be an interest also. One thing I do not need is 45 caliber. Flintlock versions are really wanted.

Please ask if you have any questions or need additional pictures.

C1.jpg
C2.jpg
C3.jpg
C4.jpg
C5.jpg
C6.jpg
C7.jpg
C8.jpg
C9.jpg
C10.jpg

You don’t see to many of these. I found one about 4 years ago at a local gun store. They shoot nice
l

Bob, what type of elevation screw does yours have?

Thought someone on here would want this one, but it is not looking like it. Will probably remove it tonight and move it to GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back