• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson/Center #7375 Maxi-Hunter Mould .50 cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good evening! I'm new to this site and your forum. I will enter an introduction in that forum shortly.

I do have a quick question, though. I think this is in the correct forum and I did do a quick search for the subject, without success finding it discussed before. I've also searched the T/C site and all over the internet without success.

My question is: what size (grains) bullet does the Thompson/Center #7375 Maxi-Hunter Mould .50 cal produce?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Don

Believe it or not...
But I am typing this reply as I look in my old T/C catalog #16 from 1989. I save just about every shooting equipment catalog that I ever read. Just happened to have this one.

Mould #7375 is a Maxi Hunter Mould which has a small hollow point in the nose and 3 grease grooves of similar width.

They look a good bit different than the "standard" Maxi-Ball mould which has only 2 grease grooves and the groove towards the nose is much wider than the other one.

According to the catalog, that bullet should weigh 355gr, and I would assume that is meant to be cast with pure lead.

The Maxi-Hunter (hollow point) are supposed to offer more expansion--unlike the regular Maxi-ball, which is better for penetration. The Maxi-Hunter bullets do expand well too.

Even more strangely...

I just happen to have one of those moulds. Mine works great and the bullets are close to 355gr--usally a little lighter 'cause my lead isn't that pure. (more like 350gr is the average weight)

BTW, Welcome to the Forum!

Shoot Safely!
WV_Hillbilly

PS The catalog listed the #7375 mould price at $27.50 and the handles selling separately at $17.50

And this is the forum where I'd have asked the question too!

You are the guy I was looking for when I posted! Thanks :thanks: so much and thanks :thanks: for keeping all that stuff . . . from one pack-rat to another! :) :) I'm looking at buying one for my CVA .50 Mountain Rifle. This isn't exactly what I was looking for. But, based on the information you shared, I'm leaning toward getting this mould. Thanks again! :thumbsup: Don

Back