• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The RC "Woods walk" bag project

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tested the bag, put everything in it and threw it over my shoulder. Everything is easily taken out and put back in their spots. You shouldn't have any problems at all RC, you have to grab the flinters ring just right however in order to push it down into it's pocket but it's really not a problem at all. :thumbsup:

AH GEES Swampy! if'n you can do it left handed i should be able to do it easy!!! really appreciate it! many times in the past,i've had to pull the bag around and look..(used to rummmage thru it by hand but them touch hole pics hurt!) this will make things soo much better!! yer a good man swampy! and do excellent work! proud to be yer friend! (we are still friends ..right?)

Swamp Rat,
I just stumbled accross this thread....Nice work!Really nice....That's gonna be something differant for them guys in New York State ....Going on a woodswalk with an organized Shooter. :wink:
RC,
Ol' Boy you got yerself one nice bag :thumbsup:

I talked RC into using a smaller knife that I could work with easier and went to work modifying it's sheath so I could one, mount a a piece of rawhide lace that will hold the knife secure in it's sheath and two, stitch a piece of leather to it that will hold the whole thing to the bag. Heres how I did it.

rcbag23.jpg

rcbag24.jpg

rcbag25.jpg

rcbag26.jpg

rcbag27.jpg

.............. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: AWESOME JOB SWAMPY.....THANK YOU!!! :grin: ......sorta raisin the bar on yerself ain't ya? great job! next...UT?

The finished Bag is just Awsome It's a work of art!
RC,
Where'd that knife come from?I really like the wood on it!Looks like your all set fort he next shoot......Where in the heck do ya keep your car keys? :blah:

:haha: Thanks guys, I think he'll be very happy with it for sure. :thumbsup:

The knives came from track, mine I switched with his is a Medium Drop Point Knife 4" blade. Which is just about prefect for what he needs a knife for on a woods walk.

Undertaker has a nice little project for me that slightly different than what I have been doing and should be an enjoyable little project I'm looking forward to next. :thumbsup:

gees i got lookin thru this again and it's amazing how much work swampy did! i mean i knew it was alot of work but if ya look it over,,oh god! hope he don't charge by the stitch!! :shocked2: no seriously, lotta work went into this and i certainly do appreciate it and will treasure this bag for a long time! thank you swampy!!! hope someday i can return the favor!! (okay favorS..)... :grin: :thumbsup:

HEY UNDERTAKER!, what is your new Swampy bag suppose to look like??? gotta a pic? or drawing...(swampy loves[url] diagrams..in[/url] crayon..mauve is best) my is way more better than i imagined! and in like 3 days! gees! :shocked2: looks like swampys been doin this ferever! like 5 or 6 weeks! awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
OKAY GUYS I'M TELL YA TRUE HERE,,,THESE PICS DO NOT DO THIS BAG JUSTICE!! THIS IS THEE MOST AWESOME BAG AS FAR AS LOOKS AND FUNCTIONALITY (what?----it's bleepin useful!)I'VE EVER SEEN,AND I BEEN AT VOUS ALL OVER THE N'EAST..SIMPLY AWESOME! A HAND MADE CUSTOM BAG MADE BY A GREAT FRIEND AND CRAFTSMAN.. BOY IT DON'T GET NO BETTER!! THANK YOU SWAMPY THANK YOU SO MUCH! I OWE YOU BIG!!! now if i could get a stroh smoothie to go with it..WOW! THANKS SWAMPY!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Wow that is nice!!!Hope ya will continue buildin these for lefties,I might need[url] one.AGAIN[/url] VERY NICE :hatsoff:

Last edited by a moderator:
Swampy, I think he likes it!. :rotf:

I gotta say, the welted seams are awesome!. That bag ought to last forever. I have never welted seams on a bag before. Do you glue them in to hold in place, or do you have a stitching clam? Do you sew them in big then cut them down? I do my knife sheaths that way sometimes. I just even up the edges on my belt sander with a fine (well used) belt. Just wunderin :confused:

Back