• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Kentuckian c. 1955

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I caught an airing of The Kentuckian starring and directed by Burt Lancaster. I noticed when it began the opening credits read "introducing Walter Matthau".

The rifles looked like real antiques. Lancaster carried a CW metal powder flask, and he and his young son went around in knit caps, and suede, fringed "buckskins"..., but it looked like Mr. Lancaster made an attempt at proper costumes and props.

John Carradine played a patent medicine peddler. At the end, two members of a family feuding with Lancaster's family tried to kill him..., but during the fight they did a good job of showing what happens if you miss and your opponent closes the distance on foot as you reload. :shocked2:

LD

I've watched that movie a few times myself and always enjoy it. Hard to believe that Walter Matthau was ever a bad guy compared to his roles in later life.

The movie also has one of my favorite actors in it, John McIntyre. He was one of those guys who I thought always made a believable character.

Outdoorman

Walter Matthau plays the villain, and he uses a bullwhip. His first movie role, I believe.

Spence

Back