• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Take a look at this one.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaeger

40 Cal.
Reaction score
There is a series streaming on Netflix called Thieves of the Wood. It takes place in Flanders, Belgium in 1747. It's basically about societal outcasts (think Robin Hood) rebelling against established and corrupt French occupiers. The title in Flemish is De Bende van Jan de Lichte. The dialog is in Flemish, but well-dubbed in English. If you want to see a fair amount of flintlock weapons being brandished and fired, this is your ticket. It is, however, not for the kiddies. There is a fair amount of sex, nudity, and violence, so maybe this isn't your cup of tea. That kind of thing doesn't bother me.....lol. Overall, the story and characters are a bit hard to follow, so you might have to accompany viewing it with some IMDB and story research. The cinematography is excellent, and the clothing and sets seem very realistic for the period. They use so many candles for the lighting that I swear they must have had a candlemaster and and assistant candlemaster during filming. Again...a fair amount of flintlock shooting and use of edged weapons.

Last edited:
Back