• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C molds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ball-et said:
Did T/C manufacturer a 58 caliber Maxi-Hunter mold?

If so, what weight?
I haven't seen any for sale in years. I have one that makes 555 grainers. But its not for sale.

ball-et said:

If so, what weight?
If you have no luck give these guys a try they built me a .491 round ball mold that's top quality. They can make one for you but its not cheap mine was around 125 bucks if I remember correctly. www.ballisti-cast.com
Peter Niess
Ballisti-Cast, Inc.
701-857-6366

Last edited by a moderator:
ball-et said:

If so, what weight?

Lyman made their moulds. I recently sold a couple TC/Lyman Maxi-Ball moulds from my shop that I kept since the 1970s unused. But they were .45 and .50.
I'll take an experienced guess that one in .58 was never made. The reason I believe that is because so many mould styles have always been avaiable for the .58 for use in CW style rifled muskets that the market for another would be very-very small and not worth their while to make and market.

I would think they did make one at one time. They mad allot of different calibers and some not so common for conicals like 32 and 36. I have an odd one that's a 54. The odd thing about it is it's shaped like a full W/C bullet but the rest is shaped like the maxie and it has a ball mould on the opposite side.

Back