• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Southeastern Rendezvous

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Well Guys it looks like it’s finally going too happen this year after the past couple of years the event had been canceled… due too various reasons.

AB1EB014-D3AD-4556-840F-3C81650FC935.jpeg

Once again Thanks too Garry Monts who graciously allowed this event the use of his farm.

Sorry for the short notice on the event…

We set up camp yesterday. So far, it's looking like there's not gonna be many camps. 114 pre-registered. A couple canceled because they couldn't get in camp with their long trailers. The road in is steep & a couple 90's turns.

I know smo and should probably let him answer but to pass on what he told me was this....He and a couple buddies went up for a day trip Saturday and that the pic pretty much represented the camp. There were no vendors with only some blankets present with a few items for sale. Needless to say, his tone was that of disappointment. Maybe he will chime in with a more detailed report.

We were camped next to the path they cut to the creek. The camp was smaller than they hoped for. I'm not sure but I think maybe around 140 +or- and 60ish camps. Some venders decided the road in was too steep & crooked for their long cargo trailers so they bowed out. That was disappointing for folks looking to buy stuff, I bet. No food vendors at all.

It was hot then wet then humid. Typical August weather for where I reside (not Tennessee).

Hopefully the EPR in Sept. will be better attended.

It is sad to see the demize of the national Rendezvous. Between the cost of fuel and people buying their gear of the net I don't see how traders can survive. I was a Rendezvous trader for over 20 years and had alot of fun but with the fee's to setup at a national Rendezvous for vendors and the turn out of campers you just can't afford to go. We saw some shining times though

They have stopped charging the trade fee. However, I don't know if it's a permanent change or not. They would also like to have all pre-registration for events. As of now, it will cost $25.00 more at the gate over the $55 (NMLRA members) or $65 (non-members) you pay at pre-registration.
IMHO, years of neglect and waste are catching up with them (NMLRA & NRLHF). Plus this latest gas price hike, a couple years of covid restrictions & the ages of participants have hit the rondyvoos hard.
It has been fun though. We drank a lot of whisky, hugged a lot of pretty women, told a lot of lies & shot of lead in the past 32 years...

Sorry for taking so long too get back too the post…

Yes, attendance was down from most National events..
I’m not sure what the reason was…
I suspect the fuel prices played a major part.

Hopefully the turn out for Friendship will be better..

Back