• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Southeastern Primitive Rondy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nifeman

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey fellers, don't forget the Southeastern Primitive is going to be held Oct 19th thru the 26th. It should be fun and interesting for those who never experienced one. Also, I'm including a link to the website. Hope to see y'all there...
http://www.southeasternprimitiverendezvous.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish it was a lot closer to Illinois...

The Booshway, Nappy, is a friend of mine and I'd be willing to bet this will be a real good rondy!

Too bad I won't be able to make it. :(
Y'all will hafta have my share of fun for me.

I would love to go but at gas prices these days this fat redneck will have to stay home. Hope everyone who gets to go enjoys :hatsoff:

I won't be able to make it. But say hello to Albe and Wanda for me.They always make it. :idunno:

Went by the site today and things are really looking good. Nappy and his gang are doing a good job getting the place ready. For you women folks you will be happy to know that there will be some "women only porta johns". No more weeing in the pocketbook holder. :grin: They are the pink ones. The knife and hawk throws are going to be a little different (and better) this year also. I'll be heading down Thursday morning and try to get a spot not to close to Nappy :blah: :wink: Hope to see some of you guys there.

H.H.

We plan to be there 8 am Wed for early set up. Look me up. I'll be the guy with gray hair & beard camped in a white canvas tent.
I like the pink hooter idea.

Gray hair and beard???? White tent??? Yeah, I think I remember seeing before. :grin:

I'll be helping out at the range. I'll be the one with the funny clothes. :wink:

Hey, I think I remember both of y'all fellers :hmm: . I'll be the one with the bearclaw necklace...Bud

I plan to set up on Thursday. I'll be camped next to Grizz with the Jaegers.

Many Klatch

Any of you SEPR regulars know Larry & Jeannine?

SEPR%202006%20050.jpg

We camped next to them at the 2006 SEPR (the only SEPR we've been to) where we endured the worst storm we've camped in yet.

If you see them, please send them warm greetings from the family from PA!

I have talked to Jeannine a few times. She is very competitive. And she is a wonderful lady with a great sense of humor.-- It takes a good sense of humor to hang around with the nappy headed hillbilly :v

H.Hale

I just moved to the area earlier this summner (live in Lewisville now) and see that this is right next door. Are there events the public can participate in over the weekend? It looks like there are vendors and trade blankets? Can the public shoot in any events or is spectator only? I may have to work Saturday, but Sunday is open. Thanks for the info.

Martin

Adkarcher Welcome to the area.
I'm just down 421 off of Peace Haven road.

I believe that you have to be a rondezvous participant to compete or shoot at the ranges, but there are some public days where the general public can visit and check out what the vendors have to offer. Google southeastern primitive rendezvous to see the shooting schedule and the public days schedule.
Or you could just put on some funny clothes and be a participant.

H.Hale

I have been shooting with Jeannine for many many moons! She is one of the best shots around. She can whoop men and women on any given day. At Friendship last month Jeannine borrowed a smoothbore and shot a 50 on the bear target!
I rest my case!

The public is not allowed to participate. Visitor days are Sat (20th), Sun (21st)& Wed (24th), 9-5. Adults $5.00 to get in the gate & kids are free. You are welcome to buy stuff from the traders and many people put out trade blankets.

The SEPR is officially history.
It was the first rendezvous I’ve been to in over twenty years, the first that wasn’t solely NMLRA, and, pretty much beyond any doubt, the best one I have ever been to.
There was an abundance of everything. Water was never far away, the firewood, and plenty of it, mostly split, was next to the water, and porta-johns were not only located near the wood and water but several other locations as well.
The site was great. It could have easily handled about twice the number that showed up. And, judging by the number of camps, there were many in attendance.
There were plenty of opportunities to shoot, regardless of your preference. Rifle, smoothbore, archery, you could shoot every day. I was surprised at how many of those in attendance didn’t shoot. One man camped near me didn’t even own a muzzleloader.
As great as all the things the staff was responsible for were, the most outstanding feature of the SEPR was something they had no control over.
The weather.
It was perfect.
No rain, not even any clouds to speak of, and, although it got a little chilly at night, (it is November after all) the temperatures overall were fantastic.
I understand that there were a few complaints, but some people are going to find something to complain about regardless. It (sadly) is what they live for.
Next year will be at the same location. Even so, this year’s SEPR is going to be a hard act to follow.

Back