• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Source for .395 Double Cavity Lyman Mold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Lyman has discontinued the above mold and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could still get one new or used.

It will wake a kind person or a stroke of luck to get a Lyman.. They go fast. Try Flintlocks Inc. Phone 317-933-3441. I think that they used to recut Lyman molds to what ever size you need.
It's worth a try...

Regards
Dave

There is a dealer on Commercial Row at Friendship who has lots of Lyman mold blocks. I don't recall his name, but If anyone would have the mold, he would. YOu could call the NMLRA office and ask for his name and contact information. I am sure they would know who it is.

Thanks Paul, I tried the boys on Commercial row without success. These are sure tough little things to find.

I have a .40cal barrel that I am getting ready to build a rifle around. I was planning on the same mold. I guess I will check Lee Precision and see if they make one. :surrender:

Merdean

It's not a Lyman but it is a good mold never the less. Go to neihandtools.com, they list a .395 mould. I own several of their moulds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Runnball, I may have to order one from them if all else fails.

I have purchased 2 .395 Lyman molds off of E-Bay within the last month, I was after a .400 mold last night but it went for over $60.00. I am also leaning towards a .40 cal. rifle.

Hint in the search on E-Bay, look in Mold and then look at the Moulds not all listers will put both words in the headline.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

ApprenticeBuilder said:
I have purchased 2 .395 Lyman molds off of E-Bay within the last month, I was after a .400 mold last night but it went for over $60.00. I am also leaning towards a .40 cal. rifle.

Hint in the search on E-Bay, look in Mold and then look at the Moulds not all listers will put both words in the headline.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

were you able to find a .400 mold?

Brett

No I have not acquired a .400 mold yet but will keep on the hunt as I like a variety when working up loads for a particular rifle.

I will probably not get to even start on the rifle for at least a year yet, I have the 42" "A" weight barrel and a blank and 2 .395 molds so far, just need to get some prior projects cleared up before I begin one for myself.

when you're ready to get going, look me up if you like...Got an old lee .400 single I could let you make use of!

Back