• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

so I found this machete....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonT

40 Cal.
Reaction score
leaning up against a tree by a survey stake on some new property that I bought. Is stamped MARTINDALE No. 264, Made in England. Quick search sez fairly hard hot rolled mild carbon...etc, etc...
My ADD kicked in and...
34ijxxx.jpg

Granddaughter and I will cobble up some kinda' sheath this evening out of a unrolled dog chew.
R

Used my Dremel and 4-5 abrasive cutting discs to cut out profile then belt sander to finish off edges.
Some scraps of Birdseye Maple, some Copper wire for rivets.....
R

Looks like you have a little more machete left over for a few more. Great idea and looks nice. :thumbsup:

Let us know how the edge stands up to regular knife type use. I would never have thought to use that sort of metal for a knife, neat idea n hope it wears well

I've used it a couple times as a patch knife, the original edge has too steep of a cutting angle, I can fix that. Is designed for hacking not cutting...go figure.
And ya, Pork chop, you really won't care for what I did to a perfectly good dog chew... :grin:
R

Hey, I have no need for a chew, but a machete, I have a use for! I actually would like to see your dog chew sheath.

here ya' go.... still damp, will die or paint later, haven't decided. These lace makers are kinda' handy...
R
2a8ktb5.jpg

maybe this time. saw pic in "preview" but not on first attempt. then edit, saw samw still din't post.
R
3338yvq.jpg

Thanks Widget, when I first opened this thread I saw the "RED X" block, so I retried. when i came back your was there....puzzleing...but we got er' done.
Cheers,
R

No problem! The reason your first one didn't show is that it's missing the first "[".

Back