• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smoothbore and Mountain Men?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank Streight's gun was out of Bellvue /Seattle he marketed a ceramic 'Forge fire flint' perhaps a spin of from the space stuff .His gun he said was a copy of a Belguim 'Burnett' a knock off of the English firms. Never knew any other of him or the gun this was 1972 or close when I visited him . Rudyard

Frank Streight's gun was out of Bellvue /Seattle he marketed a ceramic 'Forge fire flint' perhaps a spin of from the space stuff .His gun he said was a copy of a Belguim 'Burnett' a knock off of the English firms. Never knew any other of him or the gun this was 1972 or close when I visited him . Rudyard
Thank you. I had heard of his guns before but this will be there first one I have handled. A friend of mine knows his guns very well and knew Frank. I am looking forward to shooting it and seeing how well I can make it do what it was intended to do, hit plumb center.
LC

Hudson Bays sales of trade guns continued in Canada until at least the 1930's if not later, I have read that some were still available on trading post shelves until the 1950's.
Definitely true. From what I heard up in Mistassini during the 1940’s flint trade guns made a resurgence here in the north during the 1940’s. During WW2 smokeless powder cartridges we’re rationed and expensive to purchase. Black powder however was easier and cheaper to come by as well as lead ingots from the HBC stores. Ive been told that most of the Cree around the north east coast of Hudson’s bay would save their cartridges for moose and polar bear and use dad or grandads NWG for everything else. Some of these guns were reconverted back to flintlock from percussion because in the 30’s and 40’s percussion caps were almost nonexistent in the far north.
What’s old is new again

Back