• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shot Snake?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is probaly a dumb question but, what is a shot snake? What is a shot snake with an Irish head? I am figuring it's some kind of leather/fabric container for shot. :hmm: Are there any pictures? I may want to make one. I saw a photo in another post that showed a brass nozzle contraption with a removable [measuring?] cup. Would this be pc for French-Indian War?
Thank ye all!
:redthumb:

OK! I see. I pictured it a little different, but that makes sense. Thanks for that link!!! :thumbsup:
Anyone know if it is pc for French-Indian War era?

I doubt if it is, but I may be wrong. One of the things I always worry about is how will this work with the gun I am carrying and the clothes I am wearing. I have a brand new shot snake here that I haven't used because when I tried to shoulder a gun, the spout wanted to get in the way and scratch the butt stock. With a flask, the things that scratch my gun are put away and can't scratch anything. :results:

Not on the french side at least .

My uneducated feeling makes me think
that it is a 19 e cent. invention .

It is made to carry gun shot for hunting
not to carry round balls at war .

Dave I carry mine fastened to the strap of my canvas bag and stick it in the top of the bag so it doesn't swing around while walking. I carry it on my right side, I shoot left handed. :winking: Rocky

I am right handed and carry my bag on my right side.I have my gun in my left hand. So you can see how the strap runs across my chest and is right in the way of the butt stock of the snake were there. Of course, I have done this so long, it is like teaching an old dog new tricks. :)

Latest posts

Back