• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Schneider & Glassick "Accidental" Replica

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bprevolver

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I have posted an article about the Schneider & Glassick "Accidental" Replica. Since there has been some discussion about these revolvers I had to add my two cents worth. Again, I preface all my opinions on what I have uncovered at this point and restate that, "The more I learn the less I seem to know".

The following link will take you to the article on the RPRCA web site. It does not yet appear in the directory of the web site.
http://rprca.tripod.com/Article Sc.../schneider.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
That is an interesting read! :confused: :yakyak:

So basically counterfits having been going on for a while! It also sounds like every company out there may have had a piece of it:wink:

I wouldn't say the companies were involved in the counterfeiting. They were merely making a cheap version of their production "shooting" replicas of the 1851 Colt.

The true counterfeiters were modifying existing reproduction guns in an attempt to defraud buyers and make large amounts of money.

Flayderman's Guide for instance says a Fair condition Schneider & Glassick revolver would go for something like $65,000 with one in good condition being worth around $125,000.
Those value estimates are over 4 years old and knowing that almost anything can happen at an auction a really good, authenticated S&G could easily top $150,000 today.

I am reading a book called Arms and equipment of the confedercy ,by time life books.The S & G is not listed on page 58 & 59.I have an accidental replica of one,and posted a picture of it earlier this year. They are fun to shoot,but it does not fit my hand like the 44 Colt Army.

That is an interesting article. Was particularly interested in the part about Bill Edwards and his revolvers barrel marked similar to Colt with " - ADDRESS BILL EDWARDS AFTON VA US AMERICA - ".

Once met Bill Edwards many years ago at a gun show in Sacramento. He was selling some of his "Address Bill Edwards..." marked revolvers. Unfortunately all of them had some light surface rust so did not buy any.

Robert, do you recall how many he had or what models they were? Trying to determine numbers that were made.

Jim,

It has been many years ago. To the best of my memory Bill had maybe 10 to 12 revolvers for sale on his table.

Think he had both 1851 and 1860 Colt steel frames. Do not remember any Remington's but was mostly interested in Colts at that point.

Have only seen two more Colts marked " - ADDRESS BILL EDWARDS AFTON VA US AMERICA - " at gun shows since that time many years ago.

Will have to go back over to your RPRCA collector web site and look around some more. :hatsoff:

Back