• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN San Marco Colt 2nd model Dragoon .44 cal.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The title just about says it all, however here is a little more information.
There were not too many of these made.
A well made San Marco ( made in Italy ) .44 cal. 2nd model dragoon, the barrel is 7 3/8" octagon to round.
The bore is perfect, absolutely no rust or pits
The bluing is 95%+
The brass trigger guard and grip frame is in very fine condition, with no problems.
The walnut grip is one piece.
I have had this fine old revolver for 45+ years, it functions just fine.
There are a few very minor flaws ( And I am being very critical ) a light scratch here and there.
I will send pictures to your emaill address should you ask.
Withdrawn! Please remove.
Fred ( Old Ford )

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 0
  • 320785477_401658678792893_4310080267040902896_n (2).jpg
    320785477_401658678792893_4310080267040902896_n (2).jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have a Sile 2nd model dragoon. AD = 1978 date code. No makers identity stamped anywhere. I did find some information on this site.
http://www.capandballrevolvers.com/makers-and-importersI always thought the Walker and Dragoons were made by ASM and Uberti but apparently not. Most ASM and Uberti barrels and cylinders interchange. The cylinder arbor on this Sile is bigger around and won’t accept an Uberti or ASM cylinder.

The title just about says it all, however here is a little more information.
There were not too many of these made.
A well made San Marco ( made in Italy ) .44 cal. 2nd model dragoon, the barrel is 7 3/8" octagon to round.
The bore is perfect, absolutely no rust or pits
The bluing is 95%+
The brass trigger guard and grip frame is in very fine condition, with no problems.
The walnut grip is one piece.
I have had this fine old revolver for 45+ years, it functions just fine.
There are a few very minor flaws ( And I am being very critical ) a light scratch here and there.
I will send pictures to your emaill address should you ask.
The price is $375 plus shipping.
Fred ( Old Ford )
Withdrawn! Please remove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back