• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replica Arms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BPrevolver....I have a Sharps Buisness rifle stamped REPLICA ARMS MARTINSBURG WV ( about 40 miles from my cabin ) Where does that fit into your Replica Arms timeline?
REPLICAARMSMARTINSBURGWV.jpg

ReplicaArmsSharps.jpg

Hmmmmmm???

How old is your rifle? Navy Arms moved to Martinsburg, W.V. a few years ago. Got tired of N.J. laws. Since Navy Arms bought Replica Arms they may be using that name again on rifles. I have never seen any newer revolvers using Replica Arms. I am a know nothing when it comes to the muzzle loading rifles.

Well..the rifle is new to me anyways...I traded a forum member for it undr the assumption that it was a Gun made by Replica ARMS....It arrived yesterday and it seems it is stamped REPLICA Arms on the top barrel flat and I.A.B. on the side flat....
turns out that it is a sharps made by I.A.B.
and not Replica Arms ,,,,,It is stamped "Replica Arms" only because it is exactly that...
a replica arm.................
sorry about the confusion....this is what happens when I talk about a gun before I get my hands on it...

3 pages...yep, Scalpers posts usually get alot of hits...cuz I only post when the questions is very debateable...I have done quite a bit of buisness with Val Forgett in the past . He lives in Martinsburg WVa...not far from my cabin.
I will call him up and see if I.A.B. is one of the companies producion repro BP arms for his company " Replica Arms" and finally have a concrete answer to my own question. :hatsoff:

wwpete52 said:
Wow, three pages of comments about Replica Arms and no one has it right. If you guys would do just a simple google search you would find this out: http://shootmgzine.blogspot.com/2006/01/replica-arms-rides-again.html

Say, wwpete52, what was there about my post that wasn't right?

And what's right about a two year old press release that the current Navy Arms web site doesn't acknowledge?

I'm confused. Help me to understand what I'm missing, please.

Oh, and by the way, on my computer there's only two pages of comments. Must be I need to change my preferences somehow, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Scalper, I don't think you did too bad on that Sharps.
The pictures show a nice fit wood to metal, and some decent case hardening on the receiver.
I've had a IAB Sharps for many years, and it is a great shooter, your model looks better than mine, as mine has a round barrel, and I see that yours is octagon, with good sights.
I also had two Farmingdale Sharps, one a 50-70 carbine, and the other in 45-70 business rifle.
Nice guns, but too valuable to just take out, and bang and bump around.
Best Regards
Old Ford

Old Ford...you do know what yer talkn about!
I know that from your previous posts...a definite
man of knowledge...thanks for the compliment! and it is a Fine SHARPS INDEED!

wwpete 52

I looked up the article you suggested. Already had this in our files. It really doesn't tell anything about the history of Replica Arms. Maybe you overlooked reading all the posts on this topic.

" Manufacturing error?" what kind of problems are the guns giving you?....I assume that you could obtain parts and make the work....
In my old black powder catalogs from the 70's
each and every gun listed was distributed by 4 or 5 importers and replica arms is sure listed on alot of differnt guns....therefore I assume you wont have any problem obtaining parts that will work albeit you may have to file them or make somesort of modification....

I have a Replica arms, it is marked Replica Arms El Passo TX My manufacture date looks like 1963

Latest posts

Back