• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Refurbishing T/C Hawken Stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've changed the shape of a few rifles and like Eric, I prefer a well defined edge on the side plates. This one is on a CVA mountain rifle.

DSCF3151.JPG
DSCF3299 (2).JPG

This one is a finished TC Hawken I didn't change it a lot but made it slightly smaller to get the edges I wanted.
DSCF1547.JPG

Last edited:
I've changed the shape of a few rifles and like Eric, I prefer a well defined edge on the side plates. This one is on a CVA mountain rifle.

View attachment 54931View attachment 54932

This one is a finished TC Hawken I didn't change it a lot but made it slightly smaller to get the edges I wanted.
View attachment 54936
Those make all the difference in the world! TC’s are usually ok from the factory, it’s the refinishers “improvements” that ruin so many of them! Your work on the cva is really a huge improvement!

If you haven't done it before. Use a damp/moist wash cloth folded a couple of times (it will depend on the thickness of the wash cloth how many), then use an Iron for ironing clothes. Set the Iron on its hottest setting, place the damp/moist folded wash cloth over the dented area, then place/use the "Tip" of the Iron on the wash cloth over the dented area move it a circular motion for a few seconds. Depending on the depth of the dent, it may take a couple of tries letting it cool and dry between attempts. Unless it is really deep this should bring it back up close enough, if refinishing, that you won't be able to notice the dent was even there.. DANNY

Latest posts

Back