• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Reduced Price - Vintage Cva 12gauge side by side shotgun kit - new in box - Percussion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shotgun232

36 Cal.
Reaction score
For sale is a CVA 12gauge side by side kit - brand new in box. I literally cut open the plastic wrap right before I took pictures to make sure everything was in there. Everything is in fanatic condition, and will make a very nice gun when completed.
Barrel is marked 83, so I assume the kit is from 1983.
The side plates and trigger guard have some nice engraving. The steel screws are color case hardened and the hardware is nickel silver I believe.
The locks are highly polished and engraved very nicely.
I purchased this kit last year at a local auction, with the intention of completing it. However my life situation has changed unexpectedly, and I no longer will be able to complete this kit.
Hopefully it can go to a good home!
Asking $850 or best offer - plus shipping
Asking $750, plus $35 to help cover shipping costs to lower 48.

Attachments

• IMG_6841.jpeg
    IMG_6841.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6842.jpeg
    IMG_6842.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6844.jpeg
    IMG_6844.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6845.jpeg
    IMG_6845.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6848.jpeg
    IMG_6848.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
For sale is a CVA 12gauge side by side kit - brand new in box. I literally cut open the plastic wrap right before I took pictures to make sure everything was in there. Everything is in fanatic condition, and will make a very nice gun when completed.
The side plates and trigger guard have some nice engraving. The steel screws are color case hardened and the hardware is nickel silver I believe.
I purchased this kit last year at a local auction, with the intention of completing it. However my life situation has changed unexpectedly, and I no longer will be able to complete this kit.
Asking $985 plus shipping
Please ad the required photo of the item with a card or piece of paper adjacent to the item showing your screen name and the date of the photo. Thanks.

LD

Asking $900 or best offer - plus shipping
Bump - price reduced

So, i took the barrel into work and had the machinist look at it. He didn't put it on the CMM, as that would take too long, however he used proper micrometers and such to measure the barrels. Below are the results:

Left Barrel Diameter: 0.71553
Left Barrel Wall Thickness: 0.07272
Right Barrel Diameter: 0.71657
Right Barrel Wall Thickness: 0.07155

Right Barrel hardness (breech): 36rhC
Left Barrel hardness (breech): 36rhC

Left and right barrel were virtually the same composition:
Carbon - 0.334%
Manganese - 0.924%
Chromium - 0.144%
Molybdenum - 0.172%
Nickel - 0.126%
Silicon: 0.114%
Sulfur: 0.027%
Phosphorus: 0.018%

So not really sure what that alloy is, maybe 8620? Seems like overall like high quality steel, probably better than any steel used for modern stuff and should be plenty strong for its use. It should blue or rust blue nicely, as it doesn't have that much chromium in it...

Good for you. If I hadn't already pledged to buy another, well you are offering a very good deal here. That is to anyone wanting a winter project. Darn. Steve
Ya - I did kinda miss winter - but I was hoping I would have made it over the winter myself!😅

Latest posts

Back