• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Received a nice gift from a friend today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamtnman

Hunt to Live
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Way after dark, a friend who works out of town most of the time stopped by unannounced. He said he had a gift for me, and produced a first edition of the Kindig book ("Thoughts on the Kentucky Rifle In Its Golden Age"). Said he found it on a book shelf while cleaning out his dad's old farm house in southeastern PA. It was given to his dad as a gift by local citizens for his volunteer work on the town's sewer system in the 1960s. It appears it has never even been opened, and inside is a three-page fold-out article about Kindig. You know what's so odd about this gift? Earlier in the evening I had stopped at the state store to pick up a bottle of Irish whisky, which my friend enjoys, for when he would be in town next. Wonderful, strange karma/ coincidence.

looking through it, surprising how many long rifles had beautiful curly maple wood. Majority. It’s a helpful resource, so I can forgive the “Kentucky rifle” use. My Pennsylvania pride runs deep and my belief in accurate history overrides all else. Should have been titled “Pennsylvania Rifle” instead.

Thanks for sharing a gift idea, mate. Tbh, it’s a really nice gift. I love reading such stories. Friends should always be friends. Btw, what did you get for him? Sorry for bothering you, folks. I’d like to ask for your help with a gift. It’s turned out that my friend has already bought this book so I just don’t have any other ideas.

Thanks for sharing a gift idea, mate. Tbh, it’s a really nice gift. I love reading such stories. Friends should always be friends. Btw, what did you get for him? Sorry for bothering you, folks. I’d like to ask for your help with a gift. It’s turned out that my friend has already bought this book so I just don’t have any other ideas.
Bottle of Jamison

The best option I’ve come up with is a basket of sweets like this one Jet Gift Baskets | Best Gift Baskets You Can Find Online. I’d appreciate any of your ideas, folks. Help me, please!

Latest posts

Back