• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Quality Bowie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a real beauty for sure! Wick's a mitey fine maker of quality knives! :thumbsup:

Davy

PJ,

I had one a them Bark River Knives, beau coup bucks and the blade was warped when I got it. Contacted them and didnt get no satisfaction. The first deer that I dressed with it, the blade chipped from cutting thru the breast bone. Any $150 knife that wont cut thru the breast bone aint worth packin home by my way of thinkin. I mailed it back and they ground the chip out and sent me the same warped bladed knife back.

Had an old boy naggin me to do some work for me, and so I let him and I asked him if he wanted $$ or that knife, and he chose the knife. Good Trade.

All I'm say in here is that there are better choices. A2 is a good tool steel, but it aint the best knife steel. There are good knife makers right here on the forum, talk to them.

A-2 is a very fine knife steel. Knives should not be used to cut bone. That job should be done with a saw, or hatchet. If one insists on cutting bone with a knife, it needs a thicker edge, a softer temper, with wider edge bevels, no matter what steel it is, then you sacrifice some of it's performance when cutting flesh. It is an unnecessary trade off when there are other tools that will do a better job of it.

Its really not hard to make your own :hmm:
Pic a blade you like & add the handle or scales of your own chosin :thumbsup:

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

Very nice Hossman! A can-do attitude sure helps too!:thumbsup:

Davy

Thanks ya'll :v
I can add thats its a great stress relive'n & stisfiyin "hobby" :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back