• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

price of 777 at Wally Super

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
777 price for a pound was 28.97 (and tax) at a Wally Super this afternoon when I went by sporting goods section after buying some socks and such. Winchester Magnum #11 caps at 6.27 a tin.
advertisement on jug was 'easy water clean-up' and 'no sulfur'.
give me my BP at 14$/pound, and windshield washer fluid to clean with.

You have to remember that not all people have the same access as us. I know tons of people who do not have internet acess. So don't know where BP can be ordered from. Also some places do not have any Black powder available at all, so have people have to use Trip 7. Also some of us just prefer trip 7. I just bought a can at a gun show at $19.98 which is compareable in price to BP in some locations.
For example throughout the whole city of Grand Rapids Michigan and all it's gun shop not a single shop sells real BP. I find it at a place called the Jag Shop out in the country near Otsego Mi., and at Bobs' Gun Shop which is located in Hastings Mi. Both place are less than a 1/2 hour drive from my home. Price with tax has been about $17-18.

If you ask that man why he has to charge $17-18 a pound for black powder, you will learn about the expenses he incurs just to be able to store and sell it which he can only pay if he sells the powder at that price. And, he is not in the business for his health. He has general overhead and a need to feed his own family, too. He can buy the powder in volume( so can you) at about $12.00 per pound. But he has annual State and Federal licenses to pay, has to maintain logs, and a powder magazine that meets state and federal standards, that isn't free, all before he figures out if he can sell the powder quickly enough for a price that pays him for his trouble in carrying it.

If you have a local Black Powder club, it would be in both the member's interest, as well as the local gun store owner if you helped him construct the powder magazine, and your club fronted the money for the annual fees. Then, he could find a way to let you all buy powder at a much better price, than he charges other customers. Of course, this would only continue as long as he sees that the club members are also buying other products they need from him, too.

But, if a group of shooters would " adopt " a gunshop, invite the owner to use the club facilities, and attend club parties, you might be surprised at what a deal he makes for members of the club. And, if other shooters who are his customers find out they can get better prices by joining your club, everyone benefits.

Back