• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Predator hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anybody hunt predators ( fox and coyotes ) with their muzzleloaders? I do and I use my .45 cal. flinter Penn. rifle. The rifle is sighted in for 50 yards. I only hunt for predators during the day time so I am hunting near the cover and the shooting is close. Dennis.

Back in the day (better eye sight and stronger knees) I use to go on fox hunts in Ohio.

I used a T/C .32 caliber Charokee.

I really liked it.

yodel dogs....with one of the two rifles I always use for anything bigger than squrrels. 54 TVA Leman or a 54 Gun Works Hawken

Flinter 45,
I love hunting coyotes with a muzzleloader. I live at the edge of the desert here in Arizona and usually take two a week from my front porch area.Seems the more I take the more that come in to replace the ones I shot. It's a most pleasurable job, and I'm glad I get to do it. I usually let them come a little closer than 50 yds., I love to see the terror in their eyes when they round the bush and find me instead of a crippled rabbit. HA HA !!!!!!

Back