• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Powder horn brass parts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capnball

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm building my first powder horn. I'd like to get a brass powder measure and valve for one end and a brass ferrel and knob to fill it for the other end. Do we have any vendors in our forum ? I know I can get the stuff on eBay, I just like to throw the business to our vendors first.
Neil

IDK about the vendors here, but I bought mine from Track-of-the-Wolf

Jjw9Dz1l.jpg

IDK about the vendors here, but I bought mine from Track-of-the-Wolf

Jjw9Dz1l.jpg
Yeah I knew that to. How long did that take? I know this forum has a few vendors so I thought I'd give them first consideration. After that? I don't care where the stuff comes from as long as it's made in the US.
Very nice powder horn BTW.
Neil

I'm building my first powder horn. I'd like to get a brass powder measure and valve for one end and a brass ferrel and knob to fill it for the other end. Do we have any vendors in our forum ? I know I can get the stuff on eBay, I just like to throw the business to our vendors first.
Neil
I have two push button/spring powder horn spouts each with about a 30gr spout. I can post a pic later, if anyone is interested. They are similar to the one pictured above, but my spouts are longer. And, I agree with Rifleman1776, in that you should not pour directly from your horn or flask into your barrel.

‘Poet

I have two push button/spring powder horn spouts each with about a 30gr spout. I can post a pic later, if anyone is interested. They are similar to the one pictured above, but my spouts are longer. And, I agree with Rifleman1776, in that you should not pour directly from your horn or flask into your barrel.

‘Poet
Yeah, I'd never pour powder from the horn into the barrel. I'd use an antler tip for that. I just like to be able to get a pretty good measure from the horn. I actually use charge tubes at the range. This is more for a woods walk hopefully.
Neil

I ordered everything I need today for the horn project.
Thanks everyone who responded.
Neil

Latest posts

Back