• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Pietta complete 44 brass frame

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Sold pending payment
Bought this by accident on impulse. New take off 2023 44 brass frame Pietta. Thought it was a 36 caliber. Person had both for sale and I chose the wrong one. Instead of going through the hassle and cost of sending it back. Im offering it here. My cost plus shipping.
$155 shipped from Texas

Attachments

• 20240329_094616.jpg
    20240329_094616.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 20240329_094632.jpg
    20240329_094632.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240329_094647.jpg
    20240329_094647.jpg
  • 20240329_094639.jpg
    20240329_094639.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Interesting Jappo,
First, why would someone (you) buy this piece? I understand from your others posts, you know what you're going concerning western type Pistols.
Second, how could a know nothing like me benefit purchasing it?
Third, what would you expect to out lay building a functioning pistol beginning with your item? Steve

Third, what would you expect to out lay building a functioning pistol beginning with your item? Steve

VTI gunparts, EMF and others are sources for pricing parts for completion. Don't forget the small parts: screws etc. And expect to do some final fitting!

Interesting Jappo,
First, why would someone (you) buy this piece? I understand from your others posts, you know what you're going concerning western type Pistols.
Second, how could a know nothing like me benefit purchasing it?
I have a round barrel and non engraved cylinder in 36. I have grips, backstrap and trigger guard. After putting it together, I would have a Griswold and Gunnison Confederate revolver. A steel frame would make a Leech and Rigdon Confederate revolver.
As for your benefit? Finish it any way you want to. Add a short, medium or long barrel to it. Then of course you would need a cylinder, backstrap, trigger guard and grips. And all the screws for them. Which I think I can furnish.
Maybe something like this picture.

Attachments

• 20240329_104502.jpg
    20240329_104502.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Well I found what I was looking for.
Like I mentioned earlier, I have the barrel and cylinder in 36 and all the rest to finish it.

Attachments

• 20240329_114306.jpg
    20240329_114306.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240329_114001.jpg
    20240329_114001.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 0
We're you asked to put everything needed to make a .36 in a bag or box and ship it to Grand-Rapids, Michigan, what would be the damages?
Seems to me it'd be a lot more fun learning that way than buying one completed. Steve

We're you asked to put everything needed to make a .36 in a bag or box and ship it to Grand-Rapids, Michigan, what would be the damages?
Seems to me it'd be a lot more fun learning that way than buying one completed. Steve
I guess you miss understood. All I have for sale is the 44 caliber frame listed. I might be able to furnish the screws. Just have to go through my stuff and pick them out.
What will be needed for a complete revolver would be the barrel, cylinder, backstrap, trigger guard and grips.
A 36 cylinder and barrel will fit it. But it might look a little funny, or maybe not. The picture is with a 36 cylinder in it.
By the way, 1860 or 1851 grips unit will work on it.

Attachments

• 20240329_120514.jpg
    20240329_120514.jpg
Last edited:
Okay, say instead of.36 go .44. When I wrote "know-nothing", it was no joke. Everyone should begin with the basics. That is where I am. I am not in a hurry. Anytime within the next three or four seconds would be fine. Replace 'seconds' with weeks or months. If you need some cash up-front I'll send $100 or $150. Steve

How much is shipping? Like $3 to $6 I would guess. Just pay it all and get your journey started.

If not I may snatch this up myself just for parts

Speaking of which, does a 2023 Pietta have the correct length arbor?

Last edited:
If someone is interested in this, can you send me a private message? This old man is going to get confused here 😜
Besides there's other people trying to sell their own stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back