• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pietta 1858 Date code = BH parts compatibility

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devious Dave

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorta new to black powder and especially this forum, so I hope this is the appropriate place to ask general questions.

I recently acquired a Pietta 1858 .44 cal with a date code of BH, which I'm assuming is 1996.

I was wondering if anyone here has any knowledge on parts compatibility with this. Will new Pietta 1858 parts work? Everything seems to be functional but I'd like to know if I can use new production parts if I need to ever replace anything.

Snapchat-1816125602.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Pietta 1862 Police that needed all new screws, a new trigger and a new hammer and pawl or hand due to rust. I went to Ebay and punched it in with out regard to my code date and only had to shorten the pawl a millimeter to fit. Only thing I’ve heard about parts not fitting regarding dates has to do with the unmentionable cylinder you referenced.
Good luck.

I would hope to see the experts chime in.

I have a 1976 Ameri San Paola (ASP) NMA which has been subsumed in the various drop out and continuing of firms in that odd Italian Industry (granted BP revolvers are odd).

What I can say its Pietta Parts are visually the closest to that gun. It had a timing issue and the bolt had been messed with (it looked like someone swiped a file on the finger (plow handles?) on it though the screws showed no indication of having been taken out - at a guess it was hand fitting attempt that hit the wrong spot)

Just to have some parts I had gotten an Uberti Parts kit and that bolt was very wrong on the bolt end but the plow handle end (arms?) looked the same. I ground the bolt end down to fit and it worked.

I was sleuthing on parts and saw the Pietta bolt looked the same as the ASP, so I got one of those. It did not work on the arms end though it fit the slot right. Timing was totally wrong.

My guess is unless its pretty current, its a guess as to what might and might not work.

I bought a Pietta NMA as I wanted to play with one more, its timing works fine, I got extra cylinders for it. All work fine.

I tried the ASP cylinder in the Pietta, it was quite a bit too short though it turned fine.

The Pietta cylinder of course are too long for the ASP.

I don't see any exposed barrel threads in the photo and if there are none it isn't a Pietta but more likely a Euroarms (Armi San Palo).
It definitely is a pietta it's just not a good photo the barrel has it marked
I didn't realize you could distinguish them that way id looked at a lot of different ones before I went with this one id seen the euro arms and the armi san palo ones as well but I figured those would be hard to source parts for
Thank you for the info

Latest posts

Back