• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pics of first time around...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonT

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Here's a few pics of pics from a scrapbook taken the first time around for me, ~1980.
Here's my Curly Gostomski kit, and a scratch built 3/4 scale that I built for my oldest son.
4c7nrtf.jpg

Here he is at the moment if fire.
4bg8pxf.jpg

Do you know who the guy on the right is?
48lx2xv.jpg

Here's my target that won the turkey cooking in next pic.
IMG]http://i3.tinypic.com/29ohj0j.jpg[/IMG]
campsite at the Eastern ~1980
2uoqm80.jpg

R

Yep....it is.
Here's the two pics that didn't download.
Me cooking the bird...
4cjua1v.jpg

Son with flash in the pan...
29bzs76.jpg

R

Where was that at RonT? If I remember right there was a Rondy held here in R.I in the early 80's. Think they held one or two here then I never heard anymore about them.

It may have been on the border of Conn too, not really sure where they had it.

That was at Shawnee State Park in Southern Ohio in 1980. Side note on the bird match... The starting targets were a Goldenrod weed stem on which each shooter tied a length of yarn. The object was to cut the weed as close to the yarn as possible. We started at 5 yds. as I recall and backed up the distance as shooters were eliminated. We ended up at 20 yds. I believe, (man, CRS!)and the Range Captain took a playing card and tore it in 4 equal pieces. I was the 5th shooter so he used one of the card pieces as a template and cut my target out of a normal bull type paper one.
R

RonT said:
That was at Shawnee State Park in Southern Ohio in 1980. Side note on the bird match... The starting targets were a Goldenrod weed stem on which each shooter tied a length of yarn. The object was to cut the weed as close to the yarn as possible. We started at 5 yds. as I recall and backed up the distance as shooters were eliminated. We ended up at 20 yds. I believe, (man, CRS!)and the Range Captain took a playing card and tore it in 4 equal pieces. I was the 5th shooter so he used one of the card pieces as a template and cut my target out of a normal bull type paper one.
R

HOLY SMOKES! :shocked2:

That rondy was over twenty years ago......yer still cookin that bird????? :haha: :haha:

Cookin' a turkey over an open fire takes a looooong time. And warm too. :shocked2:
R

RonT said:
Cookin' a turkey over an open fire takes a looooong time. And warm too. :shocked2:
R

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: .....just don't over cook it! Nobody enjoys a dry bird!
:shake: :winking:

Back