• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Parker Hale 58560 Mold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjkershul

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I picked up the top half of a Parker Hale .58 Minie mold at a gun show last month. Not having the bottom plug I tried my bottom plug from a Lyman 575611PH mold. It was too small.
I have an old 500 grain RCBS Minie mold from which I tried the bottom plug. It fit. Also, I found the RCBS mold screws going through the mold handles and the attached RCBS plug plate plug worked. Makes nice bullets now. When I get a scale that weighs over 500 grains I will find out what weight it casts now.
Does anyone know what weight projectile the Parker Hale 58560 mold is supposed to cast in its original configuration?

Sorry. I can't help you with your 58560 mold but my Lyman # 575213PH casts a 566 grain slug.

The skirt thickness is about .050 at the very rear of the bullet.

Just went into the garage and my shooting work bench to look for your mold. Still in the box which is marked 58560M. Claims to cast a 560 grain bullet. Mine has a shallow flat cavity with thin skirts. Don't have a bullet handy but they do shoot well with 55gr. 3F. haven't tried other charges but understand some use as little as 35gr. and some up to 90gr.
Fox :hatsoff:

Back