• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Opinions needed please!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turner1776

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings! I am new to this board but not to reenacting and shooting. Been around the hobby since 1976. I need some opinions on a gun I came across for sale. It is a copy of a 1750 wilson trade gun, 11 lbs, 64" overall, 48 1/2" barrel finished with a hand cut file like originals. turtle front sight with a block style london barrel mark, hand forged trigger guard, serpent sideplate cast off original, stock is birdseye maple, hand formed heavy brass butt plate with bow, arrow, and quiver engraved. It says see p-78-79 COLONIAL FRONTIER GUNS by Hamilton, the oconnor gun? I lost my copy of this book somewhere along the trail of moving. Price is $1,250. Opinions? Would it make a suitable gun for rev war NC militia? Thanks....JIM

There is a very similar gun on[url] auctionarms.com[/url]. Been there a while. The description says birdseye maple, but it looks more like standard curly maple to me. The price is maybe a bit steep and the gun would seem to be on the heavy side by a few pounds. This musket would be more appropriate for a native American re-enactor, but you probably could get away with it. Track of the Wolf has a colonial era fowling piece that would work better for your persona. And it's two and a half pounds lighter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back