• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ollies gun...so far that is.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAHMAN

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Here are some pics of Ollie's gun. It's a wee bity thing, 25 caliber, Manton lock, birdseye maple, simple single trigger. And less I forget, there is a perchbelly built on this gun. Why? Cause that's what he wanted!

100_1239.jpg
[/img]

100_1240.jpg
[/img]

100_1242.jpg
[/img]

WoW :shocking: Looks like some piece of wood. Bet that set him back. :shocking:
Can't wait to see that with a finish on it. :front:
Lehigh...

Blahman:
It looks great. Should I bring some big round balls to Swampy Acres?
Olie :thanks:

Lehigh:
I got this peice of wood from a friend for free but it was all messed up. Had to do a lot of work on it to get it ready to make it into a gun. It was to nice to throw away so we had to fix it.
Olie

Blahman:
I talked to Hers because he shoots a .25 caliber. He shoots 20 grs. of 3f. He shoots woodchucks,Squirrles and target with all the same load. He also shoots 100 yds with the same load. It shoots 4 inches low at 100 yds with 20 grs of 3f but he knows how to hold the gun and he does very good.

I am going to try 20 grs. of 3f, .010 patch with a .256 round ball. Should work.

Olie

BLAHMAN,
Great looking gun! I shoot a .32 and have trouble
loading it. Can't even imagine loading a .25( Old fat fingers and all)
snake-eyes

Blahman:
I had fun shooting my 25 caliber flint lock at Swampy Acres. Shot 30 grs. of 3f but I think that is to much powder. It shot great went off every time. We didn't shoot at paper just pop cans. great fun.

This is going to be a fun gun to shoot but it may be pretty expensive to shot with a 25 grs. lead ball and 30 grs. of 3f powder.
Olie

Hey, Blah I really like that trigger guard, where'd ya getter from, it looks like a schuler style. It would fit into one of my next builds. Is it available from one of the big three. Bill

That triggerguard is very slom and petite, it works well with that gun because the gun is petite.

The guard can be found in the Track of the Wolf web under "Virginia" style guard.

They should be readily available anywhere.

I know Log Cabin has them.

Back