• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Olie shoots! He scores!!!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAHMAN

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the gun I am making for Olie and Olie himself shooting the gun in the white, so to speak.

The gun in these photo's are sans patchbox (installed and completed) and toeplate (also done).

100_1322.jpg
[/img]
Here's the gun on the loading bench...just waiting to be fed!

100_1351.jpg
[/img]

Ok....it's in his hands....now he's got to load it.

100_1348.jpg
[/img]

He's on the firing line! (remember: squeeeeeze the trigger!)

100_1345.jpg
[/img]

Ready for another shot?

100_1349.jpg
[/img]

Take that, you nasty soda can!

These were taken at the first ever blackpowder sporting clays shoot in Swampy Acres, courtesy of of friend and chief caretaker, all around jack of all trades and excellant gun maker/repairer Mr. Oakes.

We had a great time! Lots of laughs, sharing stories by the fire, good food, shooting (guns and bull!).

I quickly put some sights on Olie's gun, put in a liner and he had a virtual blast shooting that thing!

So what color stain have you chosen for the stock and will the barrel be blued or browned?

Olie said:
Blahman:
Had a great time. Great Rifle, Thank You.

Olie

Wee-doggies, that is one fancy critter getter. What size powder charge did you run in that smokelet pole anyhow? I plum reckon you used FFFg fer'n the main charge, wonder if FFFFg would also work?

100_1348.jpg
[/img]

He's on the firing line! (remember: squeeeeeze the trigger!)

100_1349.jpg
[/img]

Take that, you nasty soda can!
Blahman!!!!! Great shootin, especially if ya's launchin them soda cans from that trap machine.. :shocked2: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ya must be murder on them poor squirrels tryin to jump from tree ta tree! :haha:
Take Care, Jim :hatsoff:

Where'd ya get the triggerguard on ollie's gun. Need to get one for a future project. BTW great job. Bill

Uncle Jed said:
Olie said:
Blahman:
Had a great time. Great Rifle, Thank You.

Olie

Wee-doggies, that is one fancy critter getter. What size powder charge did you run in that smokelet pole anyhow? I plum reckon you used FFFg fer'n the main charge, wonder if FFFFg would also work?

Hey Uncle Jed, I just gotta ask: is a wee-doggie sorta smaller than a woa-doggie?

How's Jethro doin' these days? Aint seen him since he did a high dive on the shallow end of the seeeement pond!

Bill, I picked that up at the Log Cabin Shop. It's in the TOW catalogue as well.

Uncle Jed:

I had a great time shooting this gun, I shot 30 grs. of 3f but I think that I will cut it back to 25 grs. of 3f. The round balls weight 25 grs. I use 4f to prime the pan. This is going to be a good squirrel, woodchuck gun. I won't use 4f for the main charge.

Bugtussel, Tennesse sounds like a very Interesting Place.

Olie

BLAHMAN said:
How's Jethro doin' these days? Aint seen him since he did a high dive on the shallow end of the seeeement pond!

Jethro's not the shinest nickle in the roll, if brains were lard, his wouldn't grease too big a pan. He's a good boy alrighty, man can he put down the vittles. This is where Olie's new shootin' iron would come in mighty handy, yessiree. Can't wait to see Olie's gun finished, I bet it'll be pretty as a bag filled with stripped candy.

Back