• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

North Star West-The Best

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poordevil

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I wanted to report that I got my little 16ga canoe gun from North Star West about 2 weeks ago. After inspecting the gun , I noticed that there was a crack in the stock. I took some pics. and sent them to Matt at NSW and he said right away to send it back, which I did.

Well I got its replacment about 4 days ago! Talk about customer service! We all know Matt took it in the shorts on the deal, but he has been super cool and only concerned about my satisfation.

If you have been thinking about getting a North Star West gun , do it! If you have been thinking about any trade type gun, get it only from NSW! I will go no other place for a trade gun. North Star West , is The Best!

P

Its good to post testimonials like that. Id never even heard of them... Now Ill look and see. :wink:

I have an original North Star made when Curley was still alive. It is a 58/24 ga smoothie. It is first rate all the way. well balanced and a pleasure to shoot. I have never seen the work from the new owner of North Star, but have heard many reports that they are extremely well made. Been thinking about a smoothie pistol to go with my long gun.

I have one of the first trade guns built by Matt's company. I ordered from Iron Jaw (Nevada) and the order was confirmed by Laffin Dog (Montana). I've always been pleased with mine.

Warmest Regards,
Robert

I'm putting together a Trade Gun kit from them right now. I'm taking it real slow and careful, and so far, only have the barrel inletted into the stock. I'm getting set up to do that angled tang bolt next. This is the first real "kit" I've done.

Back