• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Night time muzzleblast

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyten

Eastern Miquelets
Reaction score
4th of July blank firing

1851 Navy
071D831B-D286-47FE-A5EC-0E381B28C4C7.jpeg

C71476E3-68F3-4444-95D9-B3D6E8698D9B.jpeg

Zouave
D5978E2F-092A-44E0-B6D5-E3D4D882574B.jpeg

I'm thankful someone fired salutes (blanks) from a new .45 cal. FIE percussion rifle. Bout 1972 , I went into a local gun shop on the way to work. In the line of muzzle up vertical stacked used guns for sale , was a new looking octagon barrel m/ler. I wanted a rifle to try and see how accurate a m/l rifle might be. So , in the store , pulled the ramrod from it's pipes , stuck it down the bore . The rod stopped about 6" from the breech. Pulled the rod and found it covered with powder ash. Figured someone had fired salutes w/the gun and got rid of it when it wouldn't go boom any more. Took my stash of saved up lunch money , and paid the $35 cash price for the gun. Took the rifle home and soaked the plug of ash out of the breech , cleaned the rifle and headed to the range. Fired a few shots at 50 yds off a bench . Saw an abandoned full sized deer target at 100 yds. , and since I was the only guy at the range , I touched one off at the deer target. Checked the hit in the heart/lung area of the cardboard deer , and was hooked for life on m/l rifles. Whoever fouled that little .45 cal . rifle shooting salutes , shoulda been thanked for inadvertantly getting me started shooting m/l rifles..oldwood

Back