• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NICE early powdah flask from Old Guard Manufacture in the EU!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For more background on their products, see here:
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/...rms-from-old-guard-manufacture-poland.158904/
I ordered an early triangular powder flask to accompany my bandolier of apostles for my various matchlocks. Old Guard Mfg'r operates out of Western Europe, where some contact came from Poland, but when this arrived, all the customs marks were from Ukraine.

I am very impressed with the build quality! All pieces nicely formed, hand made, and you can see that care was taken to close all gaps as needed and even all welds are nicely formed and then filed or smoothed. All sharp edges were removed and the spring-loaded cap matches perfectly to the end of the large spout, with is quite robust and peened into place, very secure.

Enjoy the pictures!

03EE97F8-CEBD-4120-98D4-A940A2B940F5.jpeg

958E191A-53FE-4FEC-802E-23244E557460.jpeg

186C8E9D-C6E7-417E-AF57-356A6C930C6B.jpeg

9E3F3A85-017F-46FC-B249-2350FC6D56E1.jpeg

5F66B30E-8345-412E-97A6-D10C54B691B6.jpeg

51FB67C0-390C-44E8-84C1-C36383C850F7.jpeg

D6ADEA0C-0A9B-49DA-890B-EC4B88436102.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Flint

Very nice indeed !!! Looks to be very good quality and built similar to the originals. Looks like I'll have to order one of those for...well....just because. LOL They have some great looking accessories.

Rick

Hi. We are going to make a new type of apostle/bandolier bottle. It would be made of steel about 0,7 mm. Or brass. Soldered. Chemical blackening of the steel at the end. More or less like on the photo below. We are studing details now. I wonder how many people might be interested in such model ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi. We are going to make a new type of apostle/bandolier bottle. It would be made of steel about 0,7 mm. Or brass. Soldered. Chemical blackening of the steel at the end. More or less like on the photo below. We are studing details now. I wonder how many people might be interested in such model ?
Do you have more information about when and where the original is from?

We decided that first few items of this type we will produce, would be made of brass.

What is the price you decided on? The blackened ones would be a great match for a Pavia set up:
View attachment 240408
It will be about 16,5 usd for brass option with now covering and about 19 for the blackened. We will make few models. Like on the scetch below. And little later i think we will try the option with leather covering

111.jpg

Back