• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to muzzleloading

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you are comfortable with putting it together by all means do so. Looks like a traditions
looks like most parts to assemble but for the drum. not a top tier kit but bet it

Attachments

• 20240118_151649.jpg
    20240118_151649.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
After looking at the schematics of both the flintlock & percussion you'll notice a notch in the percussion for the bolster screw. The lock plate in the pic doesn't have a notch.

This is what I have.y 1st ? are most parts TC or Traditions. The barrel is stamped Traditions and dates back to the 80's & has 66 twist. The brass fits the stock nicely. I'd like to know what I have. Maybe it's not worth finishing. Thanks
Hmmm… did the kit come with a ramrod?
Also, you may want to repost in the “Gun Builders Bench” along with these pictures. This may not get enough exposure here.

You could get a dowel rod from Home Depot or Lowe’s just to shoot it. But they are made from soft wood like poplar. Needs to be made from hickory with brass tip. Track of the Wolf has lots of supplies.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your build.

Latest posts

Back