• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New pouch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished this one, an Eastern Tennessee/ Western Virginia style pouch,kind of a mix between 2 pouches I looked at at a museum a few years ago, made from 6 oz oil tan cow, double needle saddle stitched, measures 8&1/2' wide at the widest and 8" deep, tapered gusset from 0 to 1&1/4" wide, banded front panel and flap, 2 pewter buttons, 1&1/4" wide strap, 2 pockets on inner back panel,

tenn1.jpg

tenn1a.jpg

tenn1b.jpg

Very nice! I live near east TN in southwest VA. Where is the museum you mentioned?

Thanks for the kind words gents,

FH, the museum I visited was actually at the Tippacanoe Battle Monument just a little NE from Lafeyette Indiana, they had a special exhibit of original ML's and accoutrements while I was there, did not have my camera along with me that day but did manage to get several line darawings of bags and horns, the pouch was attributed circa 1800

Great work! I'm real fond of oiled leather, too. Nothing else comes close in our wet climate.

You've got me real interested in that buttoned strap. Won't be no rest till I build one myself. Dangit all anyway.... :wink:

BrownBear said:
Great work! I'm real fond of oiled leather, too. Nothing else comes close in our wet climate.

You've got me real interested in that buttoned strap. Won't be no rest till I build one myself. Dangit all anyway.... :wink:
Know what you mean living here in the PNW, if your going to deer or elk hunt, might as well just plan on coming in to camp every evening soaked to the bone, unless your wearing a good Filson, then your only soaked from the waist down! :rotf:

Now what did you do between Midnight and 6 am this morning? Should have had that pouch finished by now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :slap: :rotf: :rotf:

Beaverman said:
Now what did you do between Midnight and 6 am this morning? Should have had that pouch finished by now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :slap: :rotf: :rotf:

Those danged halibut and king salmon are distracting, and someone has to keep the boat geared up. Sleep? That's what you do in winter.

Very nice work! :hatsoff:

I like that oil-tanned leather too. Makes a real nice bag. :thumbsup:

Very Nice- I like the color. I have made a bunch of pouches over the years and I will say that there is a lot of work in making them. I made a Rev war pouch featured in Warren Moore's Book and I might make 1 or 2 more but thats it, for the money you can sell one for I am to the point of let others have a run, once again nice work- TGP

Back