• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Pistol?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's good. :bow: If it had been flint, I might have tattooed my face, with chard.

A lot of work went into that little gun. First, it had been drilled on the butt stock for some kind of plaque, I guess. I sawed off the messed up stock. Made a new butt plate, cut off the barrel and under rib, cut a new sight dove tail, and then browned all the metal. I put the lock back in the white, and cut down the ram rod. Then I refinished the stock, changing the wood where the comb meets the grip.

I hope to shoot it, sometime this weekend. I got to be careful, just got a $4300.00 tooth inplant.

I have seen an original Springfield civil war rifle musket cut down in a similar fashion. I suspect it was a soldiers long-range bayonet. A valuable emergency shot.

hadden west said:
I got to be careful, just got a $4300.00 tooth inplant.

Ouch! Just think of the rifle you could have gotten, if only you were willing to eat your meals through a straw for the rest of your life... :hmm: :grin:

The blanket gun looks nice - a slightly more sophisticated version of the cut-down trade guns sold as "buffalo running" guns.

I've been searching for the right name to call this thing. "Running Buffalo Gun"... sounds good to me.

Now where do I find some running buffalo?

Thanks, glad you liked it.

Yeah, it makes me sick, to think what a tooth replacement cost and my insurance would not pay a penny. I could of had a couple real nice rifles.
I hope my Dentist, enjoys his vacation.

Latest posts

Back