• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New member from Saskatchewan

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I am just getting into muzzleloading and my first rifle should be here in the next few weeks. Its a lyman deerstalker percussion. I am looking forward to becoming proficient enough with it by October so I can take advantage of an early whitetail season here in Saskatchewan. I don't have any loading accessories yet and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

So here you are. Fer the peace of the world don't be making any highly contentious statements like preferring swaged round balls over cast or asking what's the best lube.
It'll turn into one of those movie scenes where the fireworks factory catches fire. A more contrary collection of opinionated geezers you've never seen.

Seriously, a great place with extensive knowledge freely given. It can actually be overwhelming at first but worth it.

Welcome. Make good smoke.

Hello, I am just getting into muzzleloading and my first rifle should be here in the next few weeks. Its a lyman deerstalker percussion. I am looking forward to becoming proficient enough with it by October so I can take advantage of an early whitetail season here in Saskatchewan. I don't have any loading accessories yet and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
welcome from NORTH CAROLINA. COME ON IN AND SIT WITH US . oh by the way heard yaw up that way have some big bodied deer

Thank you for all the welcome replys, to answer a few of the questions asked yes there is plenty of space here to practice and hunt. I am lucky to have access to a few pastures right of the south Saskatchewan river. There is fairly big bodied deer up here and I hope to get a few animals this year.

Back