• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumpkiller

That Other Moderator
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Just opened a box tonight and Rick Froehlich (Horner75) outdid himself in making me a day horn for hunting.

DSCN0138.jpg

I asked for a deer, grouse or bunny: something hunting related. Well he did a deer, grouse AND bunny! Holy Smokes, this is a much better horn than I am a photographer!

DSCN0145.jpg

DSCN0146.jpg

DSCN0140.jpg

DSCN0141.jpg

DSCN0150.jpg

He even did a surprise treat! A killed stump for my other love: traditional archery.

DSCN0151.jpg

And finally I have a priming horn for my pouch! A great little flat horn.

DSCN0143.jpg

DSCN0144.jpg

Here it is with my fowler kit & shooting bag by Swampy. Plenty enough for a weekend of small game or a week's plus big game hunt. There's fixins for 14 shot loads and six 0.648" paper cartridges with round ball.

DSCN0156.jpg

You lucky dog!
Rick makes a fine horn, The only way his horns could be better is if they came filled with powder! :thumbsup:

Now that's a mighty fine horn! Very, very nice. I'd be proud to hang that one on my side :)

Stumpy, Was more than happy to make them for you!
That last photo with Swampy's pouch makes a great picture!

Glad you like them and thanks!

Rick

Stumpy, that really is a lovely horn to treasure all your days. You have some fine kit.
Rick: That scrim is delightful! I'd love to meet you some day. Maybe I can arrange a pheasant and sharptail hunt in the Sand Hills with the brothers in Colorado ...

Man that's a great looking horn! The last picture looks sweet with the bag. :thumbsup:

Stumpy: Great looking gear - and Horns!! :thumbsup: Also, those tiny flat priming horns are great for inside the pouch. Congrats! Rick.

Stumpk...I mean, Charles, methinks you must be either living right or just born under a good sign because EVERYTHING - The rifle by Roy, the bag by Swampy and the horns by Rick are all in the same stratosphere. The PERFECT world, you know what I mean?

Well I'm sure it's all merited so good on ya'!

(Rifle by John, Fowler by Mike)

Sometimes you eat bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

I was on an 18 month wait for the fowler after a few crappy years of being unemployed 14 months and then working for 1/2 what I had been (teaching is hard work, by the way!). I'm catching up!

Occasionally you have to treat yourself. ;-)

Oh man, I forgot you got a new fowler by Mike as well. Man, yer all set up! Ooops, you need another Swampy bag, one for the rifle one for the fowler.

You damn well DESERVE to have these things, there's no doubt about that. Hey, the way I feel is all of us who make it to a half century are entitled to get anything we want, as long as its the honest way.

Back