• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New gear for a new season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The horned toad says we should go to Mexico.
Hunting season that is. Stayed up late a couple of nights to work on some new horns. I don't really get the time for this until winter but I made myself a little time to get these out of my brain. No room in there to hold onto ideas till' winter.
I realized recently that out of all the horns I made last year I never held onto one for myself. Having completed the Tennessee Bean flintlock this past spring I set out to make some companion pieces.
A medium sized Southern banded horn, walnut base. The tip is a combination of elk and whitetail antler, held in place with threads. Sealed with beeswax and tight as can be.
The flat primer horn has the valve tip, whitetail antler base, and the knob unscrews to fill it. I've made plenty of powder horns over the years, but for some reason I never made a primer horn before. Now I guess I can toss the brass primer I was using into a box on the shelf.

Attachments

• DSCN0788 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCN0788 (1024x768).jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN0799 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCN0799 (1024x768).jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN0792 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCN0792 (1024x768).jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN0791 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCN0791 (1024x768).jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 73
Hunting season that is. Stayed up late a couple of nights to work on some new horns. I don't really get the time for this until winter but I made myself a little time to get these out of my brain. No room in there to hold onto ideas till' winter.
I realized recently that out of all the horns I made last year I never held onto one for myself. Having completed the Tennessee Bean flintlock this past spring I set out to make some companion pieces.
A medium sized Southern banded horn, walnut base. The tip is a combination of elk and whitetail antler, held in place with threads. Sealed with beeswax and tight as can be.
The flat primer horn has the valve tip, whitetail antler base, and the knob unscrews to fill it. I've made plenty of powder horns over the years, but for some reason I never made a primer horn before. Now I guess I can toss the brass primer I was using into a box on the shelf.
Very nice horns... almost as pretty as the one you made for me :rolleyes: 😁 Polecat

Back