• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Avatar with Stuff I want

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, either here or on ALR a fella posted a pic of this print he saw in an old house somewhere and I jumped all over it. Look close at the avatar of this Dutch hunter, his dogs, gun, and gear. I want one of everything he's got ! 17th c. Dutch. It's called The Hunter by Adriaen Beeldemaker and if you like it, it can be found on a site called Artvee, downloaded, and printed out and framed. I've got two in the house and one in the shop. I have a book called Dutch Muskets and Pistols (17th c.) and on plate 189 is a gun with that same stock profile dated circa 1660. Yeah, I know, 'not exactly mainstream stuff but I just think it's cool as all getout. :cool: Cheers...
dutch hunter.jpg

Cool! I have a gun, horn and dog similar to his. Would those be foxhounds, because that looks like a fox or really big rabbit he’s carrying.

I was reading a thread today in which they were bemoaning the lack of coverage of Spanish arms in North America. To me, it is the Dutch guns that have not been given the coverage and significance they are due regarding their numbers, forms and impact on North American history.

I was reading a thread today in which they were bemoaning the lack of coverage of Spanish arms in North America. To me, it is the Dutch guns that have not been given the coverage and significance they are due regarding their numbers, forms and impact on North American history.
Amen !

Cool! I have a gun, horn and dog similar to his. Would those be foxhounds, because that looks like a fox or really big rabbit he’s carrying.
I'm guessing it's a fox (?). Let's see a pic of your stuff if that's doable. 'Can't go wrong with pics of flintlocks and dogs ! :p p,s. I want that madder red coat too, and the hat.

Remember, I said my stuff was similar, not exact.

52E355E8-A782-4BFE-8EAC-35D0FC0A6BFE.jpeg
My Fusil de Chasse.

632C7A17-8ED2-4CC1-8825-BFCEB59E1DD5.jpeg
My horn. I play stringed instruments though, not wind instruments.😄

D98F009D-8966-432C-A7E1-D0D077E383D2.jpeg
And here is Rose, the best dog I ever had. I call her my bear dog. We go looking for bears every day. Don’t know what we’ll do if we ever see one. 😂

Remember, I said my stuff was similar, not exact.

View attachment 277484My Fusil de Chasse.

View attachment 277485My horn. I play stringed instruments though, not wind instruments.😄

View attachment 277486And here is Rose, the best dog I ever had. I call her my bear dog. We go looking for bears every day. Don’t know what we’ll do if we ever see one. 😂
Thumbs up on all three! Get yourself that coat and hat and and you're all set. I think I'll just stare at the pictures I've got on the wall and drool.

So, either here or on ALR a fella posted a pic of this print he saw in an old house somewhere and I jumped all over it. Look close at the avatar of this Dutch hunter, his dogs, gun, and gear. I want one of everything he's got ! 17th c. Dutch. It's called The Hunter by Adriaen Beeldemaker and if you like it, it can be found on a site called Artvee, downloaded, and printed out and framed. I've got two in the house and one in the shop. I have a book called Dutch Muskets and Pistols (17th c.) and on plate 189 is a gun with that same stock profile dated circa 1660. Yeah, I know, 'not exactly mainstream stuff but I just think it's cool as all getout. :cool: Cheers... View attachment 277255
That was me

It’s sitting in an old farmhouse at the farm I take care of

The dogs appear to be some sort of greyhound/Wippet which are sight hunters.
Fox hounds are more scent hunters.

That was me

It’s sitting in an old farmhouse at the farm I take care of
Well, you've got good taste ! Two friends saw my mine so I printed out and framed a couple more for them for Christmas presents. 'Ol Adriean Beeldemaker'd be very pleased with you I dare say. Thanks for posting it !

Back