• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Never Seize grease on arbor

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone tried it?

It's for threaded applications so not sure if it's the best "barrier" for keeping out fouling. Anti-seize has metallic "particles" in it so it may be more detrimental to the clearances involved. Graphite is an abrasive so it would be best to stay away from mixtures the include it as well. Thousands upon thousands of folks have had great success using . . . high temp synthetic greases so . . . why not just go with a proven setup? Oil is just too thin, and grease provides 150/200 rounds without binding so, unless you going to shoot more than that I don't see the reasoning. Of course, if you're doing your own thing, have at it and let us know what you find.

Mike

I've said it before but here we go again. Opening a can of anti-seize is like eating a 7-11 hot dog with mustard while wearing a 3 piece suit on your way to an important job interview.

Attachments

• 166698956_1771110616393198_4162765456817658140_n (2).png
    166698956_1771110616393198_4162765456817658140_n (2).png
    225 KB · Views: 0
That NAPA poster is the absolute truth! I use a toothpick to pull tiny dab of the stuff from the tube to apply to the threads on the nipple. Every single time I do that it gets on my fingers and thumb plus my face. I suppose some still clings to the nipple threads but I'm not sure.😬

Answer is NO. When it it's hot, it get gummy. It's made to keep bolts from seizing up, not lubricating. I'm a mechanic. Some people try to use it to lube slide pins in brake calipers and it's clearly not the correct application

Yes it does, i.e. get gummy when hot. Had a fine threaded 1/2" nut I had lubed with anti-seize somehow get cross threaded after turning it onto a matching treated bolt, unknown how as it started out fine, but had to heat it some with a propane torch to help loosen it up. What a gummy, sticky mess. Yes it is a messy product to work with, even as Miner'49er posted just putting a dab on a toothpick and applying to nipple thread. Seems parts of my fingers/thumb are silver.

Everything is designed for a purpose. Lubrication is not the function of never seize. Dozens of products are available that are suited for use as an arbor lube. Don't try to ask a dog to climb a tree.

Thanks all, just curious, I have a pint leftover from my days as a Steamfitter. I use NAPA wheel bearing grease right now.

Lubriplate 630 AA non-petro white lithium grease on full length of arbor.
Most folks and I only use anti-seize on cone threads.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back