• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Never Mind!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ORBushman

"In the Woods"
Reaction score
Ok so, I got this little field powder measure used and with no instructions. Anyone use it and if so, how do you read the increments on it. Sorry, if this sounds dumb but, never used one of these before. Traditions website says it measures 30 - 120 grains but, no instructions on how.

thumbnail_20221212_213806.jpg

loosen the knurled ring, slide plunger out till the grains you want lines up with the edge of the ring and tighten, at least that's how I believe it works.
I figured that part out but, don't know how to read the numbers. They aren't exactly marked 30-120. :)

You know, I greatly appreciate the help but, this piece of trash is going in the trash! I can barely read the stupid numbers on it even with my glasses on! Can't hold my phone steady enough to photo it so, it's getting 86'd! :)

This will work just fine for you - just have to get used to it. The plunger will go in either way, and each line has two numbers. Use the lower number if the closed end of the plunger is on the top and the higher one if the open end of the plunger is on top. Kind of hard to read, but once you figure out what load you want, you won't be changing it much anyway. Good luck!

Back