• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need help with Bess frizzen

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksmithman64

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Can anyone harden a bess frizzen for me? I would rather not take on this ticklish operation.Just PT me with the particulars and cost!

Here I thought you was a blacksmith. Zonie can help you. Dilly

Wow take it easy, I was just funning. Funny thing thing I just look up your site last nite. As my son-in-law just lives close by, Lakevile. Was checking out the Rondy You are putting on. I use to go to Killum Buck a few years back. And first rondy I went to in 82 was the Pete R. bean shoot I think on Wheat Road. It rained all weekend. They were super nice floks. There are past post's on how to do the job. Iam sure you could do one. Dilly

Stumblin Wolf said:
Can anyone harden a bess frizzen for me? I would rather not take on this ticklish operation.

There is nothing ticklish about hardening a bess frizzen. IF its a Pedersoli bess, the frizzen is mild steel and requires case hardening.

You can use kasnite, a reducing flame of of an acytene torch, or pack hardening.

Use the search function to find a coupla threads describing the various process'.
J.D.

Back