• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My playground

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc Arroyo

Greybeard
Reaction score
Here ya go folks...

A couple of shots of the shop that I volunteer at. Sutter's Fort State Historic Park in Sacramento Ca. The gunsmith shop. It has taken a while to get it built up, but I think it has been worth it! :)

GSS_3.jpg
GSS_5.jpg
GSS_6.jpg

Very nice.

I look at that first shot and I hear in my mind the sound of a chain dragging through trigger bows and I get shivers up my spine. Chan-ka-chan-ka-chan-ka-chank. Nooooooo!

Looks like my workshop . . . except for all the guns and the nice tools and the missing pools of ground water and kitten-sized venomous spiders.

I look at that first shot and I hear in my mind the sound of a chain dragging through trigger bows and I get shivers up my spine. Chan-ka-chan-ka-chan-ka-chank. Nooooooo!

Looks like my workshop . . . except for all the guns and the nice tools and the missing pools of ground water and kitten-sized venomous spiders

Hey Stumpy-
Yep, I agree with ya on the sound of the chain, but we have had a few folks jump over the gates, and try to steal the ones that ain't nailed down. Funniest one tried to hide a longrifle by stuffing it down his pant leg and walking with a limp! :hmm:

As for the water, well you should have seen it a couple of weeks earier. The room had about 8 inches of water flooding into it, and a mess of rats doing the backstroke! :shocking:

Do they ever let you take one of those guns for a walk? Just to test it and give it exercise of course. They would be more authentic if they had the slight smell of burned powder about them!

Do they ever let you take one of those guns for a walk? Just to test it and give it exercise of course. They would be more authentic if they had the slight smell of burned powder about them!

A number of them has had a bit of range time, and the first trade gun I ever built is on the rack. It has made meat. Squirrel and mountain quail. Of course we do blank firing demonstrations, which means they get dirty and broken, which in turn gives us something to do in the shop! :shocking:

Were's the flourescent lights, power strips, band saw, belt sander and drill press?? You mean to tell me they actually hand made them at one time

Actually there is a drill press! It's a cast iron hand cranked drill press with automatic feed! After all it is 1846, and we have a modern gunsmith and repair shop! :peace:

Back