• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Holy Grail Found - A .36 T/C Seneca

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete44ru

45 Cal.
Reaction score

Today, while out/about on a mission for my Green-Eyed Monster, I stumbled across a veritable hen's tooth !

A pristine early T/C Seneca (unmarked "Seneca).36 cal rifle to match my .45 Seneca.

DSCN2036.jpg

DSCN2049.jpg

My state mandates different muzzleloading hunting rifle bore sizes for different game - over .40 cal for deer, under .40 cal for small game (I wonder what a .40 cal is legal for).

So, this .36 twin replaces the U/H .36 H&A that I've been using during my search for a Seneca/Cherokee in .36.

I yam a happy camper ! :applause:

Had a 36 Seneca. Sweet gun. Real sorry I let it go. :( Should have kept it and looked for a 45 barrel for it so it would be legal for deer in my state.

Same deal for me, I had a real nice .36 cal. Seneca, gave it to a girl friend, then she gave me the finger. :haha: True!
Never did find another Seneca. :(
Should have kept the Seneca, and sold the girl friend.
Fred

Old Ford said:
REALLY nice find :shocked2:
I'll trade you a wife and lazy dog for it.
Fred

I will up the bid, 2 ex-wives and 3 barn cats, one which is pregnant.

Some folks are lucky, hope you bought a lottery ticket on the way home.

Very nice. I have one just like it that I inherited from my late fathers estate a few years ago. I had to repair the stock on mine it had cracks running from the tang area towards the butt end and downward some towards the triggers. After repairing I refinished the stock with a nice tung oil finish. Wasn't worried about keeping it in original condition much because it will never leave my possession until they put me in a box then it will be for someone else to worry about.

Thanks, all - for the kind words. :bow:

FWIW, about 12 years ago, I was lucky enough to trade a 7x57 sporterized Mauser 98 (I had dressed it up by throwing on a fancy H&R Model 300 stock on it) for a .32 cal Seneca from T/C the Custom Shop (Fox Ridge Outfitters) from a Mass funshow dealer for no cash difference.

(The Custom Shop guns all carried much upgraded wood and a high-polished bright blue :thumbsup: )

Alas, when I got it to the range, I found it extremely difficult for my fat fingers to load, so I sold it. :surrender:

I find a .36 much easier for me to load - about the same as the .45 cals.

nhmoose said:
Now to get the .36 caliber Maxi ball mold for it.

That makes it a big game gun IMHO

I prefer MaxiHunters to MaxiBalls - does anybody know of a source ?

Back